Best knot for hammock
Here is the easiest and simplest knot to hang your hammock. It's so simple that it doesn't even need a fancy knot name.
Mexican families have been using this knot to hang their hammocks for generations.
It is impossible for it to come undone and only takes seconds to tie.
A couple of tips and tricks:
- This knot makes it especially easy to adjust the height of your hammock. Just pull through more of the strap-end to raise the height of your hammock or leave less strap on the loose-end to lower the height of your hammock.
- When you find your ideal height, make sure to tighten the knot as much as you can by pulling on the tree-attached end of the strap while holding the hammock loop steady.
- Once you lay down in your hammock, the knot will only get tighter and stronger.
- Make sure to leave 4 - 6 inches of strap on the loose end.
- We recommend using nylon webbing straps. This material allows you to easily loosen the knot once you're done napping and need to take down your hammock.
At 00:15, you can see the knot being tied:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A slower look at tying the same knot:
We hope this helps and if you're curious about our hammocks, check out our best seller.