There is a reason why you can find one of these handwoven hammocks in almost every bedroom in the Yucatan Peninsula. Growing up, my brother and I wrestled over who got to sleep in the hammock instead of the bed. Over the years, we wished for an easy way to take these hammocks on our hikes and camping trips. Nothing existed, so we took matters into our own hands. We designed a nifty sleeve and bag that easily packs it in and out.
Throw your Maca hammock into your backpack, head to the park, and hang it up between two trees using our quick set-up straps. Kick back, close your eyes, and if you listen hard enough you might hear the faint sound of waves crashing onto the Caribbean shore. No guarantees.
Regardless, you’ll fall right asleep knowing that your purchase is helping support social change and development in the same communities where your hammock was made.
HOW ITS MADE
Our fair trade certified hammock supplier works with over 900 weavers that handcraft each individual hammock. Weavers work on the hammocks in order to supplement their family income. Materials are provided at no upfront cost to the weavers. The weavers work at home and at their own individual schedules. An additional $5 dollars of your purchase goes to a non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of the weavers and their communities. Learn more
- A one-of-a-kind cotton woven hammock with a combination of cool colors chosen by the weaver.
- A waterproof Robin Egg Shell sleeve and bag for a quick set up during your adventuring (option to choose a different bag color).
- Two 6.25ft rock-climbing-grade straps to hang between your two favorite trees.
- Straps include instructions for a traditional knot that a toddler can figure out.
- Very roomy with enough space for you and your bestie (Weight limit is 450 lbs)
- Whole package weighs 2.5 lbs